Like the Tales series? Love editing amazing videos? Submit your Tales AMVs to Aselia Con’s 2019 AMV Contest!
Categories For Entry
The action category should be videos that focus more on action/fighting/intense themes and sequences.
The drama category may includes romance, tragedy, or any genre that focus primarily on emotional themes.
The comedy category may include parody videos, “crack” videos, funny song covers, any meant to illicit humorous reactions.
There will be a winner chosen from each category, an audience pick, and a best in show.
Videos will be judged on editing, storytelling ability, and visuals by industry professionals.
Videos should be submitted through google drive or dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: Your submission must be emailed by January 31st 2019. Entries received late will not be considered for placing nor will they be added to the final screening.
- Because we want the best show possible, submissions are encouraged to be in resolutions no less than 1920 by 1080 p, submitted in H264 .mov format. Poor video quality can affect your chances of placing or winning audience pick.
- Acceptable frame rates are 23.976, 24, 25. Any other frame rate will be converted to the nearest valid frame rate. THIS CAN AFFECT VIDEO QUALITY AND YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The AMV contest is screened on 16:9 screens.
- You must fill out a participant application along with you video submission. Access the participant application here: https://goo.gl/forms/RwoRhFKJze925QVv1
- Name your video file “VideoTitle_StudioName_EditorsFirstandLastName”
- Ex. “Seasons_GamerProductions_CarolSmith”
- Each participant is allowed to submit one (1) submission to the AMV Contest. Users found creating multiple Editor Applications will have all of their submissions disqualified.
- Do not include studio bumpers or video credits. Any lead-in/lead-out that we cannot remove could be grounds for disqualification.
- Submissions must be primarily Tales Of Anime or Game footage.
- Footage from other shows/game cannot be the subject of the video. However, if the participant has edited in footage to supplement backgrounds or close ups of actions to enhance story, this may be allowed as long as it comprises no more than 30 seconds of the video.
- Submissions cannot be compromised of full, unedited sequences from the media source or the audio’s video source.
- If your submission played against any of the trailers or music videos looks identical by editing, it will be disqualified.
- Submissions audio must be primarily music. Excessive narration/dialog may be grounds for disqualification.
- This rule does not apply to entries that are sent to the “Comedy” category.
- Submissions may not contain any watermarks that are not the editors own design.
- Parodies that are based on logos are allowed as long as they are graphics made by the submissions editor and include nothing from the original.
- Submissions cannot have footage of subtitles or any lyrics from any kind of lyrics video.
- Submissions must be longer than 30 seconds in running time and no longer than 6 minutes.
- Submissions with nudity, offensive language, and/or excessive violence may be disqualified at the coordinator's discretion.
- This will be a general public, so content must be appropriate to the demographic of the franchise.
- Convention attendance is not required to enter, nor will it affect your chances of winning.
- If you do not plan on attending, include in your submission form how you would like to receive your prize in case of winning.
- The AMV Contest Coordinator reserves the right to reject any video on any grounds.
Any video that does not adhere to the rules will be disqualified. If there is an issue with your video’s formatting or other technical issues you may be contacted and given the opportunity to fix it, but this is not guaranteed.