Silent Art Auction
The Silent Art Auction will be back by popular demand!
Artists will have the opportunity to submit pieces to the auction for a low cost of $5 per piece. There is no need to sign up in advance for the auction. Simply bring your art to the con and submit it to staff at the registration table, along with your payment.
Attendees place bids throughout the convention by writing their name, phone number, and bid amount on the corresponding auction bid sheet. On Sunday afternoon, we'll contact the winners to come pay for and pick up their art. Artists will be paid their winnings shortly after.
- All entries must be your own compositions. Fanart is welcomed as long as it is original. Redrawn/retraced art of official illustrations will not be accepted and will be rejected. All mediums(ie. marker, pencil, prints, oils, paint, watercolor, 3D work such as plush, props, etc.) will be accepted.
- All artwork must be in good condition and either matted, backed and/or framed. The title of the piece and the artists name must be on the back of each entry. All pieces must have a title.
- Only one item of each is allowed. (ie. You may enter two paintings, but they cannot be the same painting)
- There is a non-refundable $5.00 cash entry fee per item. No percentage or fee will be taken out of your final sales. This is due at time of submission along with an entry form that is filled out and signed in agreement.
- You may decide on whatever price you’d like for your piece. (However keep in mind if it does not sell you will not be refunded the $5.00)
- Once the artwork is entered it may not be withdrawn from the auction. All pieces not sold will be given back to the artist at the end of the show. For pieces sold, payment may be picked up at the end of the auction.
- In order to enter pieces into the art action, you must have an Aselia Con badge.
- In order to place any bids you must have an Aselia Con badge.
- Bids are to be placed in dollar increments.
- All payments must be made in CASH. This is to ensure that all artists will be paid immediately after the auction.
- There will be no shill bidding allowed (bidding on your own piece, or having someone else bid in the pure purpose of raising the price) Any shill bids placed will be immediately disqualified.
- No intimidation is allowed. Attendees should not feel obligated to bid on any piece. Anyone seen pressuring someone else into bidding will be asked to stop.
- Finally, this is an art show comprised mostly of fans. We ask that you do not make rude, hurtful, or demeaning comments about any of the art shown. They were brave enough to put it up; be kind enough to appreciate their efforts. We reserve the right to bar any persons causing a scene.
Aselia Con and its associates will not tolerate the sale or display of illegally manufactured or copied merchandise. There are copyright laws and international trade laws that need to be followed. It is the responsibility of the artist to deal with copyright laws. The Convention, its staff, and all related personnel, assumes no responsibility for checking copyright permission. We respect the wishes of copyright holders. Aselia Con itself holds any jurisdiction over what will or will not be allowed.
Aselia Con is a family friendly convention with minors in attendance. Adult media and merchandise will not be allowed in the Auction. We will not be allowing anything to be entered that we consider obscene, vulgar or in poor taste (at the discretion of Staff). Adult Materials are simply not allowed.