- Attendees must carry their badges at all times when in convention areas.
- Badges are non-refundable.
- Aselia Con staff reserves the right ask to see your identification, inspect the contents of bags and purses, and deny entrance to any event for safety reasons, including excessive intoxication.
- Aselia Con attendees must abide by all state and local laws.
- Aselia Con is open to fans of all ages, however children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times in all convention areas.
- There is a $10 badge replacement fee for lost badges. Please keep track of your badge!
As Aselia Con is an event created by fans of the Tales series, for fans of the Tales series, we strive to maintain and foster an atmosphere that is safe and secure for each and every attendee. To ensure the safety of all our attendees, guests, and staff, Aselia Con will enforce a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in regards to Disorderly Conduct and Harassment during our convention. Violators of either policy may have membership badges revoked immediately, without refund. Repeat offenders of either policy will be banned from the convention permanently. In extreme cases, the local authorities may also be contacted.
As defined by Texas Penal Code: Title 9, Chapter 42, Sec. 42.01, Disorderly Conduct occurs when: (a) A person commits an offense if (they) intentionally or knowingly:
(1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
(2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
(3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;
(4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;
(5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;
(6) fights with another in a public place;
(7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;
(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
(9) discharges a firearm on or across a public road;
(10) exposes (their) anus or genitals in a public place and is reckless about whether another may be present who will be offended or alarmed by (their) act; or
(11) for a lewd or unlawful purpose:
(A) enters on the property of another and looks into a dwelling on the property through any window or other opening in the dwelling;
(B) while on the premises of a hotel or comparable establishment, looks into a guest room not the person's own through a window or other opening in the room; or
(C) while on the premises of a public place, looks into an area such as a restroom or shower stall or changing or dressing room that is designed to provide privacy to a person using the area.
Harassment, as defined by Texas Penal Code - PENAL § 42.0 is the “intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, or embarrass another” if the person:
(1) initiates communication and in the course of the communication makes a comment, request, suggestion, or proposal that is obscene;
(2) threatens, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the threat, to inflict bodily injury on the person or to commit a felony against the person, a member of the person's family or household, or the person's property;
(3) conveys, in a manner reasonably likely to alarm the person receiving the report, a false report, which is known by the conveyor to be false, that another person has suffered death or serious bodily injury;
(4) causes the telephone of another to ring repeatedly or makes repeated telephone communications anonymously or in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another;
(5) makes a telephone call and intentionally fails to hang up or disengage the connection;
(6) knowingly permits a telephone under the person's control to be used by another to commit an offense under this section; or
(7) sends repeated electronic communications in a manner reasonably likely to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment, embarrass, or offend another.
Please report all cases of Disorderly Conduct and Harassment to Aselia Con Staff Members as soon as possible. If you are uncomfortable submitting a verbal report in person, please send a private message to the Aselia Con Facebook account, or submit your report via e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about the Texas Penal Code in regards to both Disorderly Conduct and Harassment, please see: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.42.htm
Whether or not you choose to cosplay at Aselia Con, please be considerate of others when choosing your attire. No offensive or overly revealing costumes or clothing will be allowed. Please remember that our attendees will not be the only guests staying for the weekend. Please keep the following in mind:
- No offensive words or phrases printed on clothing.
- Keep your clothing PG-13.
- Avoid oversized and cumbersome costumes which could block hallways or impede others.
- Costume and props may not cause damage to others or hotel property.
- Be especially conscious of others when passing through the lobby area.
We reserve the right to ask any attendee to change their costume or clothing if it is determined to be offensive. If an Aselia Con staff member or DoubleTree employee asks you to change, you must do so or you will be asked to leave the convention.
Weapons and Props
Safety is our top priority during Aselia Con. While we are very excited to see your replica weapons and props, there are a few guildelines for safety which all attendees must abide by:
- No real weaponry, including but not limited to metal blades, functional firearms, etc.
- All prop guns must have an orange blaze tip and must be easily recognizable as a prop/toy.
- No projectiles will be allowed. Nerf style guns must be unloaded.
- Sharp edges will not be allowed, including blades and arrow tips.
- Oversized props should be left in the back of meeting rooms during events, out of the way of other attendees.
Attendees must present prop weapons to staff to be inspected. Unsafe weapons must be left in the attendees vehicle or hotel room.